Google+





Sunday, December 16, 2007

Partial Confirmation: Jackson Directs "The Hobbit" If New Line Loses Rights (2008)!

More confirmation that Peter Jackson will be directing "The Hobbit"! The CBC is reporting that Saul Zaentz told the German film magazine "Cinema" in a recent interview that Peter Jackson WILL BE directing "The Hobbit".

This obviously backs up MarketSaw's (here and here) as well as our sources going out on a limb and guaranteeing that this would indeed happen. So in essence, even if worse comes to worse and Jackson and New Line cannot agree to a settlement, Peter still directs when the rights to "The Hobbit" revert back to Zaentz in 2008! Of course New Line wants to keep the franchise and they are working feverishly to come to terms (my sources claim an agreement in principal has been reached). As I have said before - mark my words folks, Peter Jackson is directing "The Hobbit" - I guarantee it.

Now that Jackson is in, it is a matter of seeing an official announcement as well as details such as that the movies are in two parts AND IN 3D, as exclusively exposed here on MarketSaw. A cool byproduct of that is seeing the original LOTR trilogy being re-released in 3D too.

Awesome. Simply awesome.

Update: I am digging deeper into this story by checking with the CBC's due diligence on it. One of my readers, David, pointed out that the German magazine quote could in fact be referring to a 2006 interview and is not fresh news. Needless to say I am acting quickly to ensure the veracity of the post with the CBC. Normally I trust them without question. I will update one way or the other ASAP. Also, thanks to Aaron for alerting me to the story to begin with.

Digg This!

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.